Immaculate Conception Parish is seeking a part-time Parish Office Manager to assist with the day-to-day workflow of the parish. The Parish Office Manager performs a variety of routine and non-routine secretarial, administrative and building maintenance functions for the parish. The successful candidate will be the primary contact for the Parish and the critical link between the Parish and school, parishioners, ministries, Archdiocese and other individuals or organizations.
Duties & Responsibilities may include:
- Providing administrative support to the Pastor and service to parishioners
- Establishing standard office policies and procedures
- Maintaining the Parish database, filing system and office equipment
- Scheduling and recording of Sacraments
- Managing the building and coordinating required maintenance.
- Knowledge of the Catholic Church and its practices and beliefs
- Maintain active membership in a Catholic parish
- Must have 5 years of office administrative experience
- Proficient with MS Office Suite in particular Word, Excel & Outlook
- Previous experience or knowledge of Paritek
- Must be able to work independently but collaboratively, and be able to multi-task
- Must be able to exercise initiative, discretion and maintain confidentiality
- Must demonstrate high professionalism
- Flexible working arrangement averaging 25 hours/week over the year. Longer hours in September through June, shorter hours in the summer;
- Opportunity to work in a faith-based environment;
- Competitive salary as well as an excellent benefits package offered.
Please submit a résumé and a one page cover letter by July 31st, 2017 to: Rev. Paul Smith
Immaculate Conception Parish, Vancouver
3778 West 28th Avenue Vancouver, BC V6S 1S6